The EcoSecurity Utensil (ESU) is a proven safety utensil for correctional, psychiatric and security facilities. It is the trusted, safest utensil for at-risk populations:
- Trusted by hundreds of prisons, jails and juvenile facilities across the country
- Ideal for suicide watch, cutters, mental health wards, and SHU
- Includes perforation for quicker breakdown if ingested or flushed
- A SAFE, SANITARY, STURDY, and DISPOSABLE paperboard untensil
- Allows for alternatives to finger food menus
In fact, the ESU is a safe eating utensil that helps address COVID-19 challenges. The sturdy, U.S. made paperboard utensils can safely be used during lockdown and quarantine. It can be disposed of in the trash with meal waste, thus reducing the spread of viral matter. Increased agitation from lockdown can increase the need for a utensil that can’t be used to harm oneself or others.
Here are ways ESU can assist in preventing the spread of COVID-19:
- As recommended by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) in the U.S. for quarantine within prisons, all remnants of a metal should go into a lined trash receptable kept within the isolation area. Disposable ESU can go right into the trash, preventing staff or others from handling contaminated material
- With many meals now being served in cells, diposable ESU can be used instead of the fingers-only menus, which can exacerbate agitation during lockdown
- Disposable ESU cannot be used to harm self or others, particularly for the in-cell meals when inmates are more stressed and/or agitated due to fears of infection
- Disposable ESUs are packed in bundles; a stack can be easily inserted into a vessel handle side up to meet sanitation requirements that self-serve utensils be “dispensed so that contamination of food and lip-contact services is prevented”.
In one fold, the ESU becomes the perfect sturdy scoop for any semi-solid food. Very sustainable and highly space efficient.
Sold in cases of 2,500 or 5,000.